Well, 2021 was kind of a doozy.
2021 definitely had it’s ups and downs. Some of the good things:
- Vaccines! My husband and I have had both shots and boosters and our kids are fully vaccinated!
- Being able to see family and friends this year thanks to vaccines!
- We got to spend our first summer living at the lake. It was so much fun to have friends and family over and to see our kids enjoy lake life.
- Lots of hockey and soccer for the kids!
- Reading 150 books this year.
- Getting back into the office a little bit and working more.
- Having the shoreline redone.
- Celebrating a year in our house and continually doing projects and fun things to make it an even more perfect home for us.
And some of the not-so great things this year:
- Losing my dear dad to COVID in August. :(
- Everyone in our house getting COVID in February.
- General stress and fatigue of living during a pandemic.
I am not one to make resolutions or words or things to accomplish this year. But I do like to reflect a little on the good things and try to think about the not so great things. Partly because when something bad happens, it feels like it’s going to be all-consuming or last forever. And that just isn’t the case. Life keeps going. And as sad as I have been about losing my dad, I know I can’t change it. And I know he wouldn’t want me to be sad all the time. So I keep my reminders of him and try to be positive when I am a struggling pessimist. :)
May 2022 bring you happiness and all the best. If 2021 had some low points, I wish you healing and peace with any sadness or struggles you are dealing with. If your year was great, don’t take that for granted and remember all the wonderful things 2021 brought to you.
- What are some things from your year?
- What are some not so great things from your year? (Or maybe, on second thought, let’s not think too hard about these.)
- What are you looking forward to in 2022?